Monday, April 30, 2012

Wildlife on the Walls of the Glen Vista Gallery



Just recently I received a Kalamazoo Artistic Development Initiative (KADI) grant from the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo to exhibit my photography at the Kalamazoo Nature Center. Thank you to the Arts Council and thank you to the greater powers-that-be for aligning the stars. Things are coming together beautifully.




This will be my first exhibit of large scale work in a gallery setting. My only other show so far has been a small and intimate exhibit at the downtown Water St. Coffee Joint. The Glen Vista, in contrast, will feature some work as large as 2 x 4 feet and will be printed on canvas. The larger work will really allow the viewer to enter into the photo, and in some cases see an animal life-size.


In addition to my wildlife photography, I'll be unveiling some new portraits of people and their spirit animal, or animal that represents them in some way. It's a body of work that I've been working on for some time and that's finally matured enough to exhibit.


So mark you calendars for Saturday, June 9th, 12-2pm for the opening reception. The animals and I will be eagerly awaiting your arrival.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,

    Any chance you could take commissions to do the Spirit photos for folks? I bet you'd get some takers on that opportunity.
    Ya?
    See you at the Opening June 9!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete